The Darrigo & Diaz Annual Scholarship for Emergency Responders and Their Families
Darrigo & Diaz is proud to announce the Annual Scholarship for Emergency Responders and Their Families, worth $1000. This scholarship is awarded once per year to one of America’s unsung heroes or a member of their family.
As a personal injury law firm, we have seen the aftermath of car accidents, boat accidents, slip and fall accidents, and more. But we know that, without emergency responders, the devastation of these incidents would be so much worse.
We also acknowledge the fact that emergency responders don’t receive the recognition they deserve for the good they do in their communities.
The Annual Scholarship for Emergency Responders and Their Families is just a part of our effort to recognize these heroes in our community by providing financial assistance to emergency responders and their family members to further their education and therefore further their career — or take the first step toward a new one.
- All students who are currently working as an emergency responder or have worked as an emergency responder and their immediate families.
- The applicant must be a student at an accredited school or be accepted to begin school at an accredited school within 6 months of application
You must submit a 500- to 1,000-word essay on ONE of the following topics:
As an emergency responder, how would this scholarship help you further your efforts to achieve your goals?
In what ways has being the family member of an emergency responder shaped your dreams and/or goals in life?
- The Darrigo & Diaz Annual Scholarship for Emergency Responders and Their Families is awarded annually.
- Applications will be accepted through November 30th of each year for the following Spring Semester.
- All funds are to be disbursed to the registrar within 30 days of being announced as the winner.