John L. Mica Public Service Scholarship Fund
“Congressman John L. Mica was first elected to the House of Representatives in 1992 to represent Florida’s 7th Congressional District which includes Orange, Seminole and Volusia counties, and served until 2017. Mica’s greatest contributions to our country and state include the successful passage of some of the most significant legislation to be adopted in the 112th Congress that has positively impacted the nation’s infrastructure while expanding employment opportunities. In honor of future public service professionals, Mica established this scholarship in 1994 for students who are actively pursuing a career in public service. Each year, this scholarship receives more applications than any of the college’s other scholarships.
- Recipient Criteria:*
*Must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student in the College of Community Innovation and Education.
- Must be pursuing a major in Criminal Justice, Legal Studies, Non-Profit Management or Public Administration.
*Must have a minimum overall 2.5 GPA
*Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
*Must be actively pursuing a career in public service as demonstrated by involvement in extracurricular activities, *volunteer service or employment
*Must provide a brief essay (one page, double-spaced, 12-point font) detailing career aspirations and involvement in public service"
- College of Community Innovation and Education
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you actively pursuing a career in public service as demonstrated by involvement in extracurricular activities, volunteer service or employment?
- Please upload a resume that includes employment and campus/community service involvement with dates listed.
- Please provide a brief essay (one page, double spaced, 12 point font) detailing career aspirations and involvement in public service.