Orlando Center For Justice Scholarship
To be eligible for our scholarship you must:
- Be a student with an interest in the legal profession at any Central Florida school/university in the following counties:
- Orange County
- Seminole County
- Osceola County
- Hillsborough County
- Volusia County
- Alachua County
- Have a GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Be an immigrant or come from an immigrant background (Limited to first- and second- generations)
- Other factors to be considered: Community involvement/volunteering, first-generation college student, financial need, creativity, and social media voting outcome
How to Apply & Award
- Applicants must complete the application form below and submit a response to the following prompt:
- “Tell us your immigrant story and how it has impacted your approach to the legal profession”
- Submissions can be in the form of a short video (2 min. max), a painting, drawing, poem, or a short essay not to exceed 500 words.
- All non-essay submissions must include a paragraph of 250 words or less explaining the submission.
- All non-video entries must be submitted in PDF format and labeled as ‘Full Last Name_ First Name Initial’, e.g.: Gomez_J. Video entries must be labeled in the same format.
To submit an application, applicants must send the following items in ONE email with the subject line “OCJ Scholarship 2022” to email@example.com:
- One (1) completed application form (Link below);
- One (1) response in the form of an essay, video, drawing, painting, or poem;
- One (1) descriptive paragraph, if needed;
- One (1) copy of the applicant’s unofficial transcript or acceptance letter
The finalist’s essay, video, drawing, painting, or poem (not application form) will be shared on Orlando Center for Justice’s social media platforms. The submission with the most cumulative ‘likes’ will receive extra points during the selection process, however, it will not be the determining factor.
$1000 will be awarded in the form of a personal check to be used at the winner’s discretion for books, tuition, food, caffeine, food, housing, etc.
Please be sure to download the scholarship application.
Deadlines for Submission
- The deadline for submitting applications is March 01, 2022 by 5:00 p.m (eastern time).
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The winner will be announced during Orlando Center for Justice’s Immigrant Appreciation Day on June 25th, 2022.