The Gary L. Blackwell Family Foundation Scholarship #1
The Gary L. Blackwell Family Foundation Nursing Scholarship awards to a student enrolled in the UCF College of Nursing Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program. Criteria includes: please include a “Personal Statement” of no more than 350-words, double spaced on what led you to choose a career in nursing, what are your goals after you graduate from the College of Nursing and if chosen as a recipient for this scholarship and given the opportunity, what you would say to the donor to let them know the personal impact it would have on you. “Preference” will be given to applicants with financial need, working in or has an interest in working in an under-served community. Applicants expressing interest in focusing on the oncology specialty will be given priority.
- Mr. Gary Blackwell
- College of Nursing
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you have an interest in pursuing a career in oncology nursing or oncology advanced practice nursing?
- Do you have an interest in working in an underserved community?
- Are you enrolled in the UCF College's Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program?
- Have you demonstrated financial need and completed the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)?
- Have you worked with an organization(s) which supports underserved populations - as a student, volunteer or have worked in a professional capacity with these populations?
- Are you, or will you be, enrolled as a student in the UCF College of Nursing?
- If you were awarded this scholarship and had the opportunity to speak with the donor directly, discuss the personal impact it would have on you.
- Show 2 more