Community Foundation for Brevard Scholarship Program
- The Community Foundation for Brevard Scholarship awards are made possible by revenue generated from
The Community Scholarship Fund and will be awarded to college attendees who graduated from a Brevard
County high school.
- Established in 2018 by a visionary anonymous donor, the endowed Community Scholarship Fund provides
financial aid for deserving Brevard County residents pursuing post-secondary education, with priority for
students who will be the first in their families to earn a bachelor’s degree.
- Upon completion of the first year, scholarship recipients may apply for a second year scholarship.
- Both the amount and number of scholarships will be recommended by a review committee with final
approval by the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
To qualify for the Community Foundation for Brevard
Scholarship Fund, you must meet the following criteria:
- This scholarship may be used at any accredited college or university.
- Scholarship is to be used for tuition, books, lab fees and/or campus-based room and board.
- Priority will be given to students who are first in their families to earn a bachelor’s degree.
- The applicant must have completed at least ONE year of college with a GPA equivalent average
- of “B” or higher.
- • The applicant must demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- • Eligibility for this scholarship is based upon residency and preference will be given for those who
attended a Brevard County high school or who have lived in Brevard for more than a year.
- • The applicant must attach three letters of recommendation. Recommendations may not be
submitted by family members.
- • It is understood that all scholarship checks will be paid directly to the institution of learning in
which the recipient is enrolled.
Required Essay: Typed, single spaced, 12-pt font
Describe where you see yourself in the next 5 (or 10) years. Please include both your
career and personal aspirations, and how you plan on serving the community.
- External Scholarships