Soileau Family - SPIE Optics and Photonics Undergraduate Scholarship
The Soileau Family – SPIE Optics and Photonics Undergraduate Scholarship is open to undergraduate Photonic Science and Engineering students.
Students can receive up to $2500 awarded over four semesters, dependent on maintaining a 3.0 GPA and making satisfactory progress in the major through the following courses, without a break (excluding summer):
- MAC 2312,
- MAC 2313,
- MAP 2302,
- OSE 3052,
- and an additional 3000 or 4000 Level OSE-prefix required course.
A maximum number of awarded semesters is four, allowing students some flexibility in when they can apply since there is a sequence of five courses available.
However, funding ends after the completion of the second OSE-prefix course, regardless of when the funding started. Consequently, not all students will receive full funding of $2500.
Semester in which each class is taken | Funding Amount
MAC 2312 | $500
MAC 2313 | $500
MAP 2302 | $500
OSE 3052 | $1000
OSE XXXX | $1000 (3000 or 4000 level OSE – prefixed required course)
- Photonic Science and Engineering Pending or Major
- Currently enrolled or have completed MAC 2311C, Calculus I
- A 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA. (See your myKnight Audit)
- A 3.0 or higher GPA in Calculus, Physics, and Chemistry courses.
Preference given to:
- First Generation in College Student
- Unmet financial need (as outlined here: https://www.ucf.edu/financial-aid/cost/)
- Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA or higher each semester in Calculus, Physics, Chemistry, and Engineering coursework
- Making expected progress in the PSE major in Fall and Spring semesters, without a break in Calculus, Physics, Chemistry, and Engineering coursework.
Maximum cumulative award is $2500
Awards given only in Fall and Spring Semesters
- Supplemental Questions
- Which of the following courses are you currently enrolled in?