Annual FEBB Scholarship Award
FEBB is granting scholarships to deserving Engineering Students who are in their junior year or later and attending college at a location near the FEBB Annual Recertification Meeting. This year FEBB will have its 42nd Annual meeting on April 27 & April 28 at the Brownwood Hotel and Spa in The Villages. We will be awarding multiple scholarships of $1,000 to an Engineering Student from the University of Florida or the University of Central Florida at our Dinner on April 27th at 7:00 pm at the Brownwood Hotel and Spa in The Villages. Awardee(s) will be requested to attend.
• The student must be registered for at least 12 hours at the University of Florida or University of Central Florida. Consideration will be given for fewer academic hours with full-time employment or Master’s Degree students.
• The student must have at least a 2.5 GPA pursuing an undergraduate degree or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Building Construction/Construction Management.
• The application and all attachments must be received by the Scholarship Committee by the deadline noted below to be considered.
• Application and all attachments must by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 17, 2023.
• Notification of award selection by April 1, 2023. ONLY those awarded a scholarship will be notified.
All information submitted is subject to verification by the Florida Environmental Balancing Bureau (FEBB).
Please print or type your information.
FEBB SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION – 2023
City: State: Zip:
Best Contact Phone Number:
Best Email Address:
College / University:
Hours currently enrolled: Cumulative GPA: Major:
Employed: Yes______ No______ Number of hours employed per week: _____
Position / Duties:
Year of Study (Circle One): Junior / Senior / Masters / Doctorate
APPLICATION SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
IN ORDER FOR YOUR APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED, THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS MUST BE FOLLOWED:
ESSAYS – PLEASE PROVIDE ANSWERS TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Please answer the following questions in 500 words or less
o Please explain why you should be awarded a FEBB scholarship and what difference the scholarship would make to you in the pursuit of your educational and professional goals.
o A summary of your educational background including awards received, extra-curricular activities, and related information should be provided.
o Include what your interests are academically and professionally when you complete your course of study.
o Please share any community or other volunteer service with which you are involved.
o Please share where you see yourself in five years?
2. Please research and answer the following questions in 500 words or less:
o What is the National Environmental Balancing Bureau? What do you think its role is in the Building industry?
o What is HVAC Test and Balance, why is it performed and by whom? Why is this important to Building performance?
o What is the Building Envelope? What type of tests are performed on the Building Envelope? Why are these tests important?
o What information can be found on a pump curve? What information can be found on a fan curve?
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION:
• Preferred from someone who knows you and your school/work ethics. A professor, employer, or long-term family friend should write the recommendation.
• The letters of recommendation should contain how the writer knows you, for how long they have known you and why they believe you are deserving of the scholarship.
• No more than one letter may be from the same individual, organization or family.
FORMATTING AND ATTACHING DOCUMENTS:
• Application, three (3) Letters of Recommendation and Essay must be attached to a single email and emailed to: FEBBCoordinator@gmail.com
• The applicants name and school must be in the subject line (Mary Smith/UCF) of the email.
• The attachments must be in either Word or PDF format. Any other format will cause your application to NOT be considered.
• The Application, Letters of Recommendation and Essay must be named with the applicant’s name and document name (Mary Smith Essay, Mary Smith Letter of Recommendation #1, Mary Smith Application etc.)
- The application, three (3) letters of recommendation and the essays must all be received together. If any document is missing, your application will not be considered.
- The application, letters of recommendation, and essay must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 17, 2023.