Kayak Friends and Family Endowed Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide scholarship awards to undergraduate full-time students at the University.
- Applicant(s) must be a full-time undergraduate student.
- Applicant(s) must have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher.
- Preference may be given to any one of the following: (i) members of the John T. Washington Honor Society; or (ii) members of the Black Student Union; or (iii) students who submit an essay outlining the importance of engaging in historically underrepresented communities in the form of volunteerism or community service.
The John T. Washington Honor Society was founded in 1996 as a UCF organization focusing on scholarship, community service, networking, and thriving on their future endeavors. Their organization wishes to continue to uphold the legacy of the late Dr. John T. Washington, by seeking to question, evaluate, and raise the standard of education for the African-American student. Additional information can be found at: https://jtwhonorsociety.weebly.com/.
The Black Student Union (BSU) is a UCF organization that serves as the official voice for the black community. Their organization has three goals including:
- To develop, implement, intensify, and perpetuate comprehensive programs. These programs will identify and deal with the problems of educational, political, and cultural dilemmas encountered by the UCF community with a focus on Black students while promoting a positive image of the Black culture to the university and outside communities.
- To establish and promote open lines of communication between the Black students and university administration, faculty, staff, and alumni in order to enhance the disseminating and receiving such information.
- To collaborate with other organizations to provide a diverse learning atmosphere to all UCF students.
Additional information about BSU can be found at: https://knightconnect.campuslabs.com/engage/organization/blackstudentunion
To qualify for the preference, applicants should provide proof of membership, which could include but is not limited to: Knight Connect documentation that indicates membership/involvement, receipt of membership dues, membership card, etc.
This Scholarship cannot pay over a student’s Cost of Attendance (COA). COA is the estimated amount it will cost a student to attend the university. Additional information about COA can be found at https://www.ucf.edu/financial-aid/cost/.
Office of Student Financial Assistance