Helios Education FDN First Generation Scholarship
1. Applicants must be enrolled in the College of Community Innovation and Education.
Preference will be given to students seeking a degree in education with the intent to become a teacher in the state of Florida.
2. Applicant must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credits) as an undergraduate student at UCF.
3. Applicant must be a Florida Resident and U.S Citizen or eligible Non-Citizen.
3. Applicant must not have received a baccalaureate degree.
4. Applicant must demonstrate financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
5. Applicant must not have defaulted on or owe a refund to any previous aid program.
6. Applicant must be considered as ‘First Generation’.
First Generation Student is defined as neither of the student’s parents earned a college degree at the baccalaureate level or higher.
7. The criteria for awarding the Scholarship will be consistent with the guidelines established by the University of Student Financial Assistance.