Women’s Executive Council (WEC) Scholarship
Beginning in 1987, the Women’s Executive Council has granted scholarships to deserving women who are entering or attending colleges in the Central Florida area.
The Women’s Executive Council (WEC), an external professional women’s group, is accepting scholarship applications for its 2021 cycle.
The amount of each scholarship, $1,972, commemorates the year WEC was founded. In 2020, WEC awarded 46 academic scholarships.
This year the Women’s Executive Council will be awarding scholarships of $1,972 each. The $1,972 scholarship commemorates the founding year of WEC – 1972.
The applicant must be registered for at least 12 hours at one of the following schools:
High School students must be Senior and registered to attend one of the above-stated Colleges/Universities for Summer or Fall 2021.
The applicant must have at least a 3.0 GPA and be pursuing an Undergraduate, Masters, or Doctorate Degree.
Applications will not be considered without a transcript (official or unofficial).
An unofficial high school transcript is required if the applicant is entering college for the first time.
The application and all attachments must be received by the WEC Scholarship Committee by the deadline noted below to be considered.
- Daytona State College
- Florida A&M University
- Florida Institute of Technology
- Herzing University (Orlando)
- Rollins College (College of Liberal Arts)
- Rollins College (Crummer Graduate School of Business)
- Rollins College (Hamilton Holt School)
- Seminole State College
- University of Central Florida
- Valencia College
- Application and all attachments must be e-mailed by end of the business: June 30, 2021.
- Expected notification of award selection: August 1, 2021.
ONLY Winners will be notified and listed on our website. Please be prepared to submit a short biography and a high-resolution professional photo by August 15, 2021, if you are selected.
- Scholarship recipients will be encouraged to participate in the WEC “Mentor Connect” programs during Fall ’21 – Spring ’22.
- Only winners will be notified and listed on the WEC website.
In order for your application to be considered, the following instructions must be followed:
The application, resume, essay, two (2) letters of recommendation, a transcript (official or unofficial) from your current school, and the application must all be received together as attachments via email.
If any document is missing, your application will not be considered.
- Resume must include the following: Education, Work, Community Engagement, Activities, and Honors/Achievements.
Essay – please provide answers to the following:
- Please explain why you should be awarded a Women’s Executive Council scholarship. Let us know what difference the scholarship would make to you in the pursuit of your educational, and professional goals. Include, your financial need and any obstacles (if any) that you have had to overcome in the pursuit of your academic endeavors.
- Include what your interests are academically and professionally once you complete your course of study.
- Please double-space your essay. Your total essay response should be a minimum of 500 words and not to exceed 750 words.
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation:
- Letters should come from someone who knows you and your school/work ethics. A professor, employer, teacher, guidance counselor, coach, or long-term family friend should write the recommendation. The letters of recommendation should contain how the writer knows you, for how long they have known you, and why they believe you are deserving of the scholarship.
- Formatting and Attaching Documents:
- Application, resume, essay, two (2) letters of recommendation, and transcript, must be attached to a single email and emailed to scholarships@wecOrlando.com by 5 pm on June 30, 2021.
- The applicant’s name and college must be in the email subject line (e.g.: Mary Smith/Valencia College).
- The Application, Resume, Essay, Transcript, and two (2) Letters of Recommendation attachments must be named with the applicant’s name and document name (Mary Smith Application, Mary Smith Resume, Mary Smith Essay, Mary Smith Letter of Recommendation #1, Mary Smith Letter of Recommendation #2, etc.)
DEADLINE: June 30, 2021 (Applications and all materials must be submitted via email by 5:00 p.m.)