Upperco Family Scholarship
The John and Mary Ellen Upperco scholarship has been established by their four sons; John Jr., Peter, Mark, Daniel and their families. Growing up in a family that emphasized life-long learning and the importance of a college education, John and Mary Ellen wanted their sons to each earn a college degrees. The scholarship was developed so deserving, qualified students can have an opportunity to achieve their educational goals and the Upperco family can pass on the gift of learning to future generations.
- Applicant must be enrolled at UCF as a part-time or full-time undergraduate student.
- Applicant will be considered on merit, based on state defined 2.5 GPA requirements for merit-based aid.
- Applicant will be a graduate of a Central Florida high school in the county of Orange, Osceola, Seminole or Lake.
- Preference will be given to graduates of William R. Boone High School.
- The criteria for awarding the scholarship will be consistent with the guidelines established by the UCF Office of Student Financial Assistance.