L.A. Lee Family First Generation Scholarship
Part of the First Generation Matching Grant Program. Additional state requirements must be considered when selecting recipients.
The purpose of the scholarship is to provide awards to first generation undergraduate students at the University of Central Florida in the College of Community Innovation and Education.
Recipients will be selected based on the following established criteria:
1. The applicant must be a first generation college student.
2. The applicant must be a Florida resident.
3. Have attempted less 132 total credit hours
4. The applicant must be Pell eligible
5. The applicant must demonstrate financial need based upon guidelines set forth in the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
-First preference will be given to Elementary Education Majors. If a student cannot be identified who meets the first preference, second preference will be given to Early Childhood Development and Education Majors.
-If a student cannot be identified who meets one of the first two preferences, third preference will be given to a student in the College of Community Innovation and Education.